Show us fairgrounds, we’ll show you work ethic.
Show us a sale barn, we’ll show college tuition.
Show us a rodeo, we’ll show you honor and pride.
Show us a child, we’ll show you our future leaders.
Show us a small town, we’ll show you the heart of America...
As you have seen the Cambridge Commercial Club is an active organization that is promoting our local businesses and working hard to bring outside dollars into our economy. You do not have to be a business owner to participate in this organization. If you have desire to volunteer in this community, please become a member.
Happy New Year! It’s that time again where we ask you to renew your membership or join, update you on what we have been doing for the past year, and encourage you to get more involved in our growing organization.
Here is a brief update on all that the Cambridge Commercial Club is doing to support small businesses in our local and surrounding communities.
● Hells Canyon Days – The Cambridge Commercial Club, Cambridge Rodeo Association and Washington County Fair Board joined forces to host the 5th Annual Hells Canyon Jam, Saturday, June 3, 2023.
We had a great group of volunteers that ensured our event was safe, well-staffed, and family friendly. The Hells Canyon Jam has been well received by the community and can now be considered a sustainable event.
Hells Canyon Jam is going to require more volunteers, more sponsorships, and more energy to ensure it is successful for 2023. We not only need you to become a member of the Commercial Club, but we need you to attend meetings and volunteer your skills.
Hells Canyon Jam 2023 is bringing back Reckless Kelly, they are planning on retiring in 2024, you won’t want to miss seeing them play one last time in Cambridge, Idaho. Mark your calendar, Saturday, June 3, street dance in downtown Cambridge.
● 3rd Annual Water Tower Lighting – This year the lighting was moved from Saturday to Sunday for scheduling purposes, and we will most likely continue to hold the event on Sundays due to the success. We added a wrestling club soup dinner fundraiser that people were able to attend directly after the Upper Country Singers Concert. The club raised around $1000 in just a few short hours! The CCC approved funding to buy lights for an additional tree/side. Those lights were purchased and will be used to add another tree/side in 2023 (we will be recruiting more volunteers to help this effort). Lights will stay lit until Valentine's Day this year because we don't want to turn them off :)
● Community Emergency Fund - In March, the CCC and Incahoots BBQ & Catering held a Corn Beef and Cabbage feed. Proceeds from the dinner kept our Community Emergency Fund in good standing. This fund has been used for residents of the Upper Country experiencing hardship. Please contact the CCC for an application or visit our website, www.cambridgeidaho.com to request funds.
● Scholarships – The Commercial Club has awarded scholarships to Cambridge High School, Midvale High School, and homeschool seniors for many years. We increased the dollar amount we awarded ($6,000 in 2022) and assembled a new committee and outline for applicant requirements for these scholarships. If you would like to donate money specifically for scholarships, please let us know. If you would like to help us grow this program, please volunteer to help.
● Idaho Travel Council (ITC) Grant through McCall Chamber of Commerce - The CCC was awarded a $10,000 grant 2022-2023. Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grants are funded through a statewide 2% tax on lodging sales, including private campgrounds and vacation properties. ITC Grants are awarded to non-profit tourism focused on organizations for the purpose of promoting activities that increase overnight travel to and within the state. The CCC will be responsible to cash match at least 12.5% of the amount awarded. If you have an event we can help you promote please contact us, we have funds available upon approval. All of this grant money will be used for the upcoming 2023 Hells Canyon Jam.
● Marketing - Check out the Cambridge Commercial Club website and our growing Google Business Listing, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. Be sure to contact Deidre Roundtree if you have a business event or community event that the Commercial Club can help you advertise, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an incredible social media following, this is a great advertising opportunity available to any business or organization that is a member of the Commercial Club.
The reader board at the Washington County Fairgrounds, is another great marketing tool that the Cambridge Commercial Club and Washington County Fairgrounds are managing. Help us spread the word about what is happening in our community. Contact Chris Braun, email@example.com, if you have event information, you would like on the reader board.
As you can see the Cambridge Commercial Club is an active organization that is working hard to promote our local businesses and bring outside dollars into our economy. You do not have to be a business owner to participate in this organization. If you desire to volunteer in this community, please become a member. We meet on the second Tuesday of every month at 5:15 PM, Washington County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall. Agendas and Minutes can be found athttps://cambridgeidaho.com/meetings
Enclosed is a renewal invoice if you are a current Cambridge Commercial Club Member you can renew online at https://cambridgeidaho.com/become-a-member. If you are not a member, I have attached the membership application or you can become a member online https://cambridgeidaho.com/become-a-member. If you have any questions you can reach me at 208-257-4564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a member, Below you can fill out the application online or download the membership application and mail it in with your membership fee. If you have any questions you can reach me at 208-257-4564 or email email@example.com
09:00 am – 05:00 pm